Dear friends in Jesus Christ,
Today we celebrate the 6th Sunday in the ordinary time . The main focus of today’s readings is
If we follow the commandments of God we will live forever.
If we do not follow the commandments of God, we will die forever.
1. Follow the commandments
We could say the way of the Lord as the commandments of God. The way of the Lord is described in the commandments. If you have desire to follow the Lord’s way you will follow the commandments of God with desire.
The desire to live forever should be expressed in actions. You are following the commandments of the Lord, not because that you are afraid of God’s punishments, rather you have the desire to live forever.
5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.
2. Walk by faith
The question will come how to walk on the way of the Lord. Following the commandments is not that much easy. Faith in Jesus should strengthen us before we begin to walk on the path of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:7
“For we walk by faith, not by sight.”
3. Walk with the Word of the Lord
To see your path clearly you need light. What is the light that you can use to see your path? Your light is the word of God that will remove all darkness and errors of your life.
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”
4. Submit Yourself
You cannot walk alone in the path of the Lord. At the same time you cannot also walk with half minded.
You need to submit yourself in the hands of the Lord to walk in the path of the Lord.
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
5. Walk with righteousness
God wants to see you as a righteous man. It pleases the eyes of God. Therefore always act according to the commandments of the Lord to make you as a living sacrifice before the Lord.
“These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God.
“You shall walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live, and that it may go well with you, and that you may live long in the land that you shall possess.”
6. Free will
Even though God has created you, he never acts against your own will. You have your own free will and you have to act according to your own free will. You are responsible of what you have chosen.
“Before man are life and death, good and evil,
whichever he chooses shall be given him.”
7. God rejects people who behave like this:
1. The one teaches to others against the commandments
2. The one who acts as scribes and Pharisees
3. The one who kills
4. The one who gets angryt against his brother
5. The one who does not forgive others.
6. The one worship God without following his commandments
Inspirational story on Good and Evil
A great battle happened in a very far away place; Good and Evil were fighting but the situation was very delicate for Good since there were one hundred men of Evil fighting against every men of Good, up to the point that the men of Good were surrounded, unable to defend themselves and dying at the hands of the evil ones who were enjoying their criminal actions.
Incoming search terms:
- 6th Sunday Ordinary Time year A
- 6TH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR A
- homilies 6th Sunday of Ordinary Time year A
- homily sixth sunday ordinary time year a
- Homily for 6th Sunday in Ordinary Time A
- sixth sunday in ordinary time
- homily for 6th sunday ordinary time year a
- homilies for 6th sunday in ordinary time year A
- homily for 6th sunday in ordinary time year a
- homily for sixth sunday in ordinary time year A